What is the Fastest Internet Browser for OS X? (2014 Edition)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lip5016, Oct 12, 2014.

1. lip5016 macrumors regular

What is the FASTEST Internet Browser for OSX? (2014 Edition)

I'm a tech junkie, I love everything about technology.. especially FAST and EFFICIENT technology..

I am currently using Google Chrome, and have nothing bad so say about it.. I like that I can "sign in" to Google Chrome pretty much anywhere (including my iPhone 5s), and instantly have access to all of my Bookmarks and Bookmark folders..

I have seen a bunch of benchmark tests testing a bunch of available internet browsers on OSX.. however, the results seem a bit inconclusive and varying, and some that even support the notion that Safari is now FASTER than Google Chrome.. I'm not sure whether or not to believe it, and I don't really have the time/energy to conduct a series of tests on my own..

What do you guys think? Is Google Chrome still considered the "fastest" when it comes to browsing/downloading?

2. lip5016 thread starter macrumors regular

come on! someone has to have something to say about this?!

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

Wait a day or two, until after Yosemite comes out - then ask again. Then check out Safari 8 in its final form, so much faster than 7.1. Check out Opera 25, which came out today. Chrome's laggy compared to both IMO.

4. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

Benchmarks are deceiving. For example, Chromium always gets a lower overall score than Firefox on the www.speed-battle.com benchmark, but I have found that it's faster to load pages in real life on my machine.

5. chown33 macrumors 604

Unless you like changing browsers frequently, pursuing some illusive answer to "efficiency", trying to identify "the fastest browser" is a fool's errand.

Wait a week or two, or a month or two, and things will likely be different. Then wait another week or month, and things will be different again.

Oh, and there's only a couple months plus a couple weeks left in 2014, so it's a bit late for a "2014 edition". I expect the One True Answer to change several times during 2015, too.