Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Another Coventry Kid?
Well if you want to get really ancestral, I also have at least some family - I'm assuming - in Spain, Wales, Scotland, Germany, somewhere Scandinavia, and somewhere in the Jewish Middle East.

So, not just a Coventry Kid. I am a child of the World. :D

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Well if you want to get really ancestral, I also have at least some family - I'm assuming - in Spain, Wales, Scotland, Germany, somewhere Scandinavia, and somewhere in the Jewish Middle East.
funny-family-relatives-far-away.jpg

Reactions: Melrose
Distance isn't the only way you measure furthest. I live in the same town as my daughter, but haven't been able to see her for 16 months. :(
Chin up man. This is sadly a common story. I've known men who now have regular access to their kids following a breakup, but they had to be extremely determined to get past their ex's, their ex's family's, and their ex's friends' bitterness. Don't give up.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country

So, not just a Coventry Kid. I am a child of the World. :D

Viking, Anglo-Saxon, and Druid (but we don't talk about the latter).

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Chin up man. This is sadly a common story. I've known men who now have regular access to their kids following a breakup, but they had to be extremely determined to get past their ex's, their ex's family's, and their ex's friends' bitterness. Don't give up.
Not had a breakup. But thanks for the encouragement. It's a complicated situation.

Reactions: SoggyCheese
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.