What is the general consensus?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skydiver32, Jul 5, 2009.

  1. Skydiver32 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2009
    #1
    My HD on a new 13" is just about full and I upgraded to 1.7 as soon as it came out.
    So what is the consensus with this 1.7 and beachballs?

    I need to add a new HD but should I wait for a fix?
    Install it and hope for the best?
    Is it possible to go back and delete the 1.7? (No I haven't backed up the computer yet. My external HD's are also full so I need to buy a new one for TimeMachine.

    Thanks

    BTW, I have a 500 Scorpio Blue on its way.
     
  2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

    Frosties

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    Location:
    Sweden
    #2
    Apples firmware can not be downgraded by us users, you have a very slim chance that you can downgrade through apple care but do not take that as an option. It's basically one way.
     
  3. Skydiver32 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2009
    #3
    What about installing OS X again?
    A fresh install would be a pain but would that be a solution?
     
  4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

    techfreak85

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Location:
    Places
    #4
    i think that just reinstalls the OS not the firmware. :(
     
  5. mcdj macrumors 604

    mcdj

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Location:
    NYC
    #5
    I was in the same boat. I decided to take a shot at installing the new drive. I cloned my orig. drive to an external drive, then cloned the external to the new drive via SATA dock, then installed the new drive. So far no issues, running FW 1.7.

    If you search on the 1.7 issue you will find there simply is no consensus. For some it's been a headache. For others, no problem.
     

Share This Page