What is the highest MBP 15'' I can find at apple store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by saback, Oct 29, 2011.

1. saback macrumors member

I want to buy a MBP 15'' new 2.5 + 750/7200 + Antiglare
    Will I find it at an apple store (US) (not online)?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I have five Apple stores all within driving distance of my house. One is just two miles away. A big Apple area with the University here, the store we have is stocked to the gills with all models. I've been to the other stores and they have a variety of inventory depending on the demographics of the area. Some only have base models.

3. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

unfortunately, chances are, you pbly can't..

I tried scavenging the Apple stores in my area for a high-end 15" MBP that has both the 7.2k RPM drive and the Hi-Res Glossy/Matte LED, but no luck at all..

4. spagthorpe macrumors newbie

Actually, that is probably the only anti-glare unit you can find in an Apple store. When I was calling around looking for MBPs, I was always told that the anti-glare units in the stores are the maxed out units. 2.5GHz, 750GB, etc. Same for the 15" and 17". I called five different stores between where I lived and where I was headed, and all told me the same thing, even checking their stock. Since I wanted anti-glare, but not a maxed out unit, I ended up ordering online.

IMHO, the $240+ for 0.1GHz of processor speed is nuts, but if you have to have the best, there it is.

Also, I don't think the hard drive is going to be 7200rpm, but I could be wrong. On the maxed out units I was told about, it was 5400rpm. I wonder why since they max everything out, why they don't slap SSDs in them.

5. Ant.honey macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Doubtful that you'll find it in the Apple store. The 2.5 is CTO NO? I had to order one online/telephone and I'm in NYC.

6. thefizzle657 macrumors regular

I don't know about the 15", but today I picked up a 2.5GHz 17" antiglare at an Apple store and it came with a 7200RPM 750GB drive. I assume that the 15" would too.

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

8. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

umm... they do hard drive swaps and RAM swaps on the models they have readily when you're buying...

Since you want the 2.5 + HR/AG they'll have that in stock. Then, if they have the 7200k HDD in stock, they'll be more than happy to switch it out and sell it to you with the faster HDD.

9. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

I know for early 2011, they had the 15 inch AG HR with 2.3ghz in-store. If you call and ask, you can find out if they have the 2.5 in stock.