What is the iPhone bluetooth version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Corman420, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Corman420 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what the iPhone bluetooth version is?

As far as I can tell, it's using a bluetooth version that does not support text-messaging/file transfer. I could be wrong.

This is kind of sucks, since alot of vehicles are now coming with hand-free calling/text messaging - like Fords.

I have Ford's Microsoft Sync in my car, it works like a dream with my Sony Ericsson. It reads my text messages to me, and I can even reply. But, Ford Sync only works for voice with my iPhone, and no music streaming! :confused:

Most enthusiasts are stating it's due to the bluetooth version of the iPhone.

Has anyone heard anything on this issue? And if Apple will be updating the bluetooth version to support more than just voice?

2. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

I think the BT version is something like v0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001 :D

Apple have deliberately crippled the BT stack:mad: and virtually no BT services are enabled. You're lucky it will pair to your car at all for calls - mine won't despite a 2G v1.1.4 iPhone pairing properly so I know it's not the car (and of course any number of other phones, even the dreaded WM6 variety pair just fine :)).

3. iblastoff macrumors 6502

yah really. the technological marvel that is the iphone that can't even do bluetooth streaming music properly.

4. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple