What is the latest version of Safari???

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
The current latest version is Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12). When Tiger ships, you will probably see Safari 2.0 is my guess.

Comment

terrorbite

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Manchester, UK
So what happened to Safari 1.3? On this very site, there is an article from June last year talking about v1.3 seeds or something.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
terrorbite said:
Argh. Yes, I know Tiger has 2.0. I'm just wondering what happened to 1.3.
my guess would be that they ended up scrapping it for the lower number placement because it probably didnt contain big enough changes for the .3 number change

Comment

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
PlaceofDis said:
my guess would be that they ended up scrapping it for the lower number placement because it probably didnt contain big enough changes for the .3 number change
That could be, but if you read articles from last year when it was seeded, they say that it could have features that are to be in safari 2.0 for tiger. Maybe 1.3 was never to be released for standard users and was just a test of those new features.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
grapes911 said:
That could be, but if you read articles from last year when it was seeded, they say that it could have features that are to be in safari 2.0 for tiger. Maybe 1.3 was never to be released for standard users and was just a test of those new features.
i would guess that its probably a combination of the two, decided to wait and update it with more in 2.0 and tiger etc....

sorry i probably should have looked up the articles :eek:

Comment

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
PlaceofDis said:
i would guess that its probably a combination of the two, decided to wait and update it with more in 2.0 and tiger etc....

sorry i probably should have looked up the articles :eek:
You're probably right. The more features people know about and can't get, the more they'll want to buy Tiger.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.