What is the Mac equivalent for Delorme Street Atlas?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icapricorn, Feb 28, 2008.

1. icapricorn macrumors member

Recently made the switch to Mac and to my surprise found I did not need to do a Bootcamp/ VM Fusion install because I had everything I needed in a Mac version -- all except a decent map program.

Google Earth is slow and needs an Internet connection and I can't customize the maps as much as I could in Street Atlas.

Anything else out there?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

That''s the one thing I know of that is lacking for the mac. The only thing available is Route 66 -- if it is even being supported any more. And it is pitiful! Delorme used to support macs, but no longer. There have even been petitions sent to them to again support macs, but nothing new. There are a few software products that support GPS, (Route Buddy comes to mind), but no actual mapping.

Sorry! If somebody came out with something good, I'd beat a path to their door!

3. icapricorn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks skybolt. That explains why no matter how I tried to search Google on "maps" "Macs" "software", nothing came up.

4. therudedawg macrumors newbie

I found one

I just ordered a mapping program for PC AND Mac. I am not sure how good it is, but I will let you know after I have used it a bit. Got Tigergps.com and look for Garmin North America City Navigator NT Software 2009 DVD for PC & Mac.

5. claimed4all macrumors 6502

There is BOBCAT that is created by garmin. It is the mac version of Mapsource. I have it, but never use it. It came with my GPS.

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I can't access those websites just now (at work, they have us blocked from a lot of stuff), but wondering if those two software titles are only for use with GPS systems, or are they/can they be standalone mapping software on your computer?

Will look further tonight, but thought I'd ask.