What is the Mac Mini used for in a professional setting?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by definitive, Apr 4, 2009.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I don't know, but to me it would make more sense to spend money on an iMac (when doing stuff other than surfing on the web) than it would on a Mac Mini + 24" Cinema display.

The specs seem to be weaker than the iMac too. I remember using the previous Mac Mini with maxed out RAM with Adobe CS4 Photoshop + Illustrator, and the cursor would constantly keep spinning from lag.

2. txnoob macrumors 6502

I find the new mini very capable with ram maxed. I don't have issues w/ photoshop or illustrator. But I think it would be foolish to me to say that this was a professional level computer. If that's what you need then the Mac Pro is the only option.

3. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

why would it be an only option? why wouldn't a 3ghz imac be capable of doing graphic design work?

4. txnoob macrumors 6502

It think it's fair to say the the iMac is intended for the home user and the Mac Pro (hence the name) is designated for professional use.

I'm not saying the high end iMac isn't capable of doing graphics type work. Especially maybe for a small business. But that was not it's intended use.