What is the market like for used Macbooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CoolMacDude, Aug 17, 2008.

1. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I just had my Macbook Pro 2.4 replaced under warranty for a 2.6. I had the 17" model and have grown tired of lugging it around so I sold the new 2.6 without opening it.

I just paid 1084 for a brand new black Macbook 2.4 2GB memory 250gb hard drive. It was actually 1275 I believe and I get a 191 dollar rebate.

I am one of those sad people that have to have the newest revision of all there Mac products so I was planning on selling it in the next 4-6 weeks when the new one releases if there are significant changes.

Should I be able to sell without losing too much?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

The resale value of macs are very good, my guess is you won't loose more than 200 $.

3. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Go see what MacBooks are selling for on Ebay. That's your best indicator of the current market for used MacBooks.

4. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

As a rough guide you can try http://www.mac2sell.net/ (no affiliation)

As ever, an objects worth is only what someone is willing to pay. An imminent hardware update may affect prices to the good or bad. On the Plus side there will be a big buzz creating interest. The negative may be a flood of likewise configured machines at a better price