What is the max video recording time on an iPhone 4 32gb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rbai63, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Rbai63 macrumors member

What is the max video recording time on an iPhone 4 32gb?

I have heard that after 1 hr of recording it will stop recording and say max file size or something, no matter how much hd space you have left.

If this is true is their an app or such where if I press record and go away that it will record until the hd space is used up.

2. baei1024 macrumors newbie

This limitation can be rounded.

Try app Unlock Video. By setup the video quality to a lower level can round the issue.

3. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I really don't know why you would record for a solid hour straight on your iPhone without at least stopping once.. Your battery would nearly be half dead.

4. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

It's still a good question and interesting just to know. Of course no one is going to position their iPhone in a ladies lockeroom and spy record for a few hours. That would just be silly

5. M87 macrumors 65816

I recorded more than an hour of video on my iPhone 4 on one occasion and still had enough battery life for the remainder of the day.

6. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

The limitation is not media size, not even close. Battery will die first.

Edit: If you run off AC power and use the hack, it's possible. Time will vary because file size varies based upon scene complexity. Bitrate isn't constant.