What is the most comfortable Apple Watch band that you own?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by mitchmiles, Dec 4, 2016.

1. mitchmiles macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I recently purchased the 42 mm Series 1 Sport Apple Watch and I'm looking for a third party band that is very comfortable as I wear the watch quite a bit.
    I wanted to get some suggestions on what you all consider to be your most comfortable band regardless of materials.
    Thanks for you help!

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

I would say either the nylon or classic buckle leather.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I have a knockoff woven nylon band and I would say that's the most comfortable.

4. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

i have a original nylon woven and its very comfy. the sport is good too.

5. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I think the 3rd party leather loop or the woven nylon takes the price

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Same for me

7. aloecool macrumors regular

Same here

8. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I've only got the Sport band on my AW. But, compared with my other watches, which range from bracelets to rubber to a leather strap, the Sport band is still the most comfortable.

I had planned to buy other bands to use for various occasions, but I'm hard-pressed to think of a good practical reason to stop using the Sport band.

Its only shortcoming is that it's not too breathable. I don't normally wear it too snug, so it's not a problem.

9. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

For me, overall the most comfortable is the sport band.

10. Bruce Joo macrumors member

Bruce Joo

11. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

I'm also happy with my sports band to be honest. Used to have a SS with LB and that was awesome, but with the Series 2 I have just the sports band and am actually really happy with it.

12. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Leather Loop, followed by the Stainless link band.

13. risenphoenixkai macrumors regular

Here are my seven bands, ordered by comfort level, most to least comfortable - all bands third-party except for Sport Band.

Leather loop clone - fits perfectly, infinitely adjustable, very lightweight. My favourite band by far.
    Hoco Hermes cuff clone - soft leather and lightweight. Somewhat of a pain to take on and off wrist.
    Hoco clone of Apple's stainless steel band - a bit stiff, but surprisingly comfortable. Sometimes pulls hair.
    Apple Sport Band - somewhat uncomfortable in hot weather, sometimes pulls hair.
    Clockwork Synergy NATO band - inside seams are a bit scratchy, causes Watch to sit moderately uncomfortably on wrist, kind of a pain to take on and off.
    A rally-style leather band - thick leather doesn't "give" much, fit is slightly off, causes Watch to sit moderately uncomfortably on wrist, kind of a pain to take on and off.
    Hoco 3-bead stainless band - fit is slightly off - ranges from too tight to too loose depending on outside temperature, how hydrated I am, etc. Doesn't feel like it moves with me like all the other bands do; it slides around a bit too much.

TL;DR: none of these bands are hugely uncomfortable, but the leather loop clone wins hands-down.

If I had to get rid of all but two bands, I'd probably keep the leather loop and the clone of Apple's stainless band.

14. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

For cool/cold weather: leather loop.

For warm/hot weather: nylon band

15. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

16. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I just bought the Apple leather band with the classic buckle, and I can't believe how comfortable this thing is. I love it. My x-Doria mesh/Milanese loop from Best Buy is also extremely comfortable, cool to the touch, and sometimes feels like it's not even there.

17. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Saddle Brown Classic Buckle is extreme comfy.

18. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

19. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

Milanese loop by far. I barely feel the watch on my wrist most of the time. The classic buckle is also really comfortable.

20. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I have a few third party leather bands, about 4-5 apple sport bands, the sorry attempt that was once know as click and their subpar bands and the black apple link bracelet. I have to say that it has been hard to take off the link since I got it. I think I may have changed it one time for a sport band when I went swimming and was still skeptical on if it would rust the band or not. Since then I don't think I have used any of my other bands. I do have to occasionally take out 1 link in the morning and put it back in around 2-3pm after I have had a good amount of fluids throughout the day and it is so easy that it doesn't even bother me like I thought it would (like most link bracelets that require a tool to size). Anyway, the link bracelet is very comfortable with the apple sports bands a close second. I would love one of those deployment clasp leather bands though!

21. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

I would have to say the sport bands are most comfortable for me. Both the OEM and the 3rd party bands are very comfy. I had a Navy strap from Clockwork Syngery, but I just could not get used to the fact that it was very itchy at the edges, I ended up returning it within 1 day.

22. frou macrumors regular

frou

Love this one. You can dial in the tightness to be absolutely perfect since there's no notching or rigid links.

23. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Another vote for sports band. Have tried many different bands, but always revert back to the sports band.

24. Gabrielanicolao macrumors member

Gabrielanicolao

Well, I think that Gorillatronics silicone strap, Lucrin Leather and Penom Mesh Milanese Loop are the best choices when it come to comfortable apple watch band.

25. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Totally agree with her!!
    --- Post Merged, Dec 16, 2016 ---
    Totally agree!!
    Agree with her comment above!!
    Agree with the comments above.
    Totally agree with the comment above.