What is the most compatible smart phone for Mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BestBuyBoy, Apr 20, 2007.

1. BestBuyBoy macrumors member

BestBuyBoy

I need a new phone and was looking at (I am with sprint now but my contract is up) the Treo 700 wx. I have read that the palm version is more compatible but I have used palm for years and I think its an outdated os. I like the windows based models for some reason. any advice?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

WM based Palm isn't much better than others as far as OSX (mac, I suppose u meant OSX) compatibility is concerned. which means:

you can sync it with third party app.

4. Zukum macrumors member

iPhone should be somewhat compatible with mac :)

5. sjo macrumors 6502a

You can find list of phone isync supports here:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

Safest bet seems to be a phone based on Symbian S60.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i will be extremely shocked if it turns out otherwise ;)

7. 5wallace macrumors newbie

Treo 650

I use a Treo 650 and purchased Missing Sync by Mark Space. I am very picky about my data, and Missing Sync was some of the best money I have spent on my mac. It is a fairly easy setup, and everything from ical and address book sync perfectly with my phone (including birthdates and other info that users often have trouble syncing). There are also options to sync with iphoto and itunes albums.

So, I would recommend a treo matched with Missing Sync. Hope this helps.

8. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I use an Orange SPV M600 (Windows Mobile 5 based), and with MissingSync it works fantastically. Including iPhoto and iTunes integration :)

There's nothing wrong with Windows Mobile - I really like it.. However v6 is out now, so try and get one with that instead of WM5.. It's a big improvement. Don't even think about one that isn't v5 or v6.

9. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Symbian-based smartphones (most Nokias) automatically can sync at least Address Book and iCal with no 3rd party apps or drivers needed. My T-mobile SDA (WM5) is a great phone, but I still haven't brought myself to make the plunge and purchase Missing Sync.

10. c.joe.go macrumors regular

c.joe.go

i would wait for the zune phone from msft. i would imagine it will be perfectly compatible with os x. probably even easier to sync with a mac than an iphone. ;)