Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacksonc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
Jony's house
I am just curious, does anyone know what the most expensive ios app is on the App Store? I Can't wait to buy it!

anuloid

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2014
:eek:
Came up with this article about most expensive apps
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/10255045/16-most-expensive-apps-on-the-App-Store.html
i guess we can't understand how people (if any) buy those apps ....:confused:

the most funny part was that how a developer who clones "fruit ninja" can develop a game like Sexy Finger Print Test HD with the following description :)

1 million downloads in just 180 days THANK YOU
Our SEXY test is bases on 3 different innovative and sofisticate scanner technologies:

and how Apple approves that app :confused:
:)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
It seems like most of the top end/high end apps are for very select individuals. I could see the Harvard app actually being pretty popular with the law community who are preparing for a the bar exam. The others. :confused:

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
No Idea what the most expensive app is since no one has posted any prices. However there is a health application that I downloaded that had plates for all the muscles and bones of the body in many different views. I think it was about 67 dollars. Thats the most ive ever spent anyway.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I remember hearing about this one when the iPhone launched

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/08/iphone-i-am-ric.html

iamrich.jpg

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I think $999.99 is the most Apple allows you to charge for an app. So any apps that cost that much are the most expensive.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
999.99 is the limit I believe and back in the day there used to be a trick where you could quick change the price up to 999 and get a few sales and your app would jump to the top of the revenue charts then devs would drop down the price and get a bunch of sales or something but apple stopped that.

----------

The funny thing is of you look at the top of the revenue charts most apps are free with iap.

berthaconners

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
I may just be missing out on all the goodies out there, but I have never paid for an app. I just use the free ones. I'm strongly against paying for digital things, still. I like having tangible items, that way when I'm done with them, I can sell them on ebay or amazon, and make some of the money back. You cant do that with digital things.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I may just be missing out on all the goodies out there, but I have never paid for an app. I just use the free ones. I'm strongly against paying for digital things, still. I like having tangible items, that way when I'm done with them, I can sell them on ebay or amazon, and make some of the money back. You cant do that with digital things.

Yes but if developers don't make money then there go the digital things...

----------

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vip-black/id321971059?mt=8
Maybe

That has scam written ALL over it. "You must prove you have over $1,000,000".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.