What is the most expensive ios app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Jacksonc, May 18, 2014.

1. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

I am just curious, does anyone know what the most expensive ios app is on the App Store? I Can't wait to buy it!

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vip-black/id321971059?mt=8
    Maybe

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Good grief, I wonder how many they have sold?

4. simonappheros macrumors newbie

Sexy Finger Print Test HD is the most expensive iPhone app as mentioned by the business insider

5. anuloid macrumors newbie

:eek:
    Came up with this article about most expensive apps
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/10255045/16-most-expensive-apps-on-the-App-Store.html
    i guess we can't understand how people (if any) buy those apps ....:confused:

the most funny part was that how a developer who clones "fruit ninja" can develop a game like Sexy Finger Print Test HD with the following description :)

and how Apple approves that app :confused:
    :)

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

It seems like most of the top end/high end apps are for very select individuals. I could see the Harvard app actually being pretty popular with the law community who are preparing for a the bar exam. The others. :confused:

7. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

No Idea what the most expensive app is since no one has posted any prices. However there is a health application that I downloaded that had plates for all the muscles and bones of the body in many different views. I think it was about 67 dollars. Thats the most ive ever spent anyway.

8. berthaconners macrumors member

Why would you want to know the most expensive?

The most expensive I've seen is probably adobe suite.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I think $999.99 is the most Apple allows you to charge for an app. So any apps that cost that much are the most expensive.

11. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

999.99 is the limit I believe and back in the day there used to be a trick where you could quick change the price up to 999 and get a few sales and your app would jump to the top of the revenue charts then devs would drop down the price and get a bunch of sales or something but apple stopped that.

----------

The funny thing is of you look at the top of the revenue charts most apps are free with iap.

12. berthaconners macrumors member

I may just be missing out on all the goodies out there, but I have never paid for an app. I just use the free ones. I'm strongly against paying for digital things, still. I like having tangible items, that way when I'm done with them, I can sell them on ebay or amazon, and make some of the money back. You cant do that with digital things.

13. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Yes but if developers don't make money then there go the digital things...

----------

That has scam written ALL over it. "You must prove you have over $1,000,000".

14. berthaconners macrumors member

That's fine with me :p Most people have the free apps. The free apps have ads. The ads pay for the free app. Magically, the devs have their money :)

Try to be free!