What is the most freakish accident you have ever had?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Reecedouglas1, May 6, 2017.

1. Reecedouglas1 macrumors newbie

I got hit in the head with a cricket ball , had a big bruise on my head

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

When I was a kid I tripped and fell, planting my head onto the "decorative bump" on the leg of one of these, requiring my first and only trip to hospital. I still have a scar above my left eye and I'm really lucky that I didn't lose it entirely...

3. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Probably when I was sleeping in the boat,with my father driving it. Went under a road bridge across the lake,crashed into another similar boat coming from the other direction. The weird part is: 1,speed,none of the boats involved could go faster than 3 knots,2,visibility through the small channel is excellent,both skippers should have seen each other about 3-5 minutes before the crash,but of course,none of them did.

When it comes to really weird accident explains,the worst I heard of,is the hearings after the accident with steamship "Empress of Ireland". Look it up,fact is,that if the bridge crews spoke the truth,both involved ships was miles away from the site of the accident,but still,more than 1000 people drowned in the Lawrence river.

4. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I had my main parachute fail, fortunately the reserve worked.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I was in a car accident when I was about 16. Two inch piece of glass almost hit my cerebellum.

Two people died and one was paralyzed in the same car.

I was the only one not wearing my seatbelt...

I still suffer a few odd side effects from that accident. They think that is why I've got fibromyalgia and possibly even the cause of my POTs. I even stutter sometimes when I'm physically exhausted.

6. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

I completely totaled my truck on the way home from an ex's house. Was lost on the highway on a route I had never taken because the main highway was blocked off. Because I was so distracted, I ended up hitting another truck (a very big truck compared to mine) at roughly 65 mph. He was at a dead stop when I hit him so I took the full force of the impact while the other guy in his gigantic truck got a dent. I hit the truck so hard that my front bumper was sitting in the back of my truck bed. The right half of my truck was gone. The truck was crushed all around me except for the space I was sitting in. The air bag deployed, the seatbelt did its job, and I somehow got out of that with 3 stitches on my eyelid. I thought the accident was much worse than it was. I had blacked out from the impact and when I woke up I looked in the crooked mirror to see myself covered from head to toe in blood, but it was just the gash in my eye ... blood tends to come out of that area way faster than others. I had trauma and couldn't drive for 6 months after that because it freaked me out to be in a vehicle, but I'm alive so I'm happy.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think the "freakiest" accident was falling out of bed during some vigorous sex and banging my head on the pressure valve of an old cast iron radiator. 16 stitches in my forehead. Without getting to graphic we managed to "finish" after the blood was stopped gushing out of my forehead before heading to the hospital.

8. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

Sounds like quite an accomplishment. ;)

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We really should have just gone to the hospital. And if I had let the wife see exactly how bad the cut was she never would have agreed to "wrap things up". It was a nasty gash. In the ER I showed her that you could actually see my skull. she freaked out.

10. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

11. maxjohnson2 macrumors regular

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

When you're having it with me, it's always good.;)
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2017 ---
    TBH I just misjudged where the edge of the bed was. I moved my knee off the edge and over I went.

13. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I had the tip of my pinky finger pinched nearly off in a heavy steel door - the hinge side. It was successfully reattached.

14. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I used to work with a girl who lived near me. On the way home one day (in traffic) she rear ended my car. Did a few hundred £££s worth of damage to my car and a bit more to hers.
    About 6 months later on the way to work I hit some black ice and spun my car. I ended up on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong way. However the car was fine. Then she did the same and hit my car.
    The insurance company thought it was suspicious and refused to pay out. Both cars were a write off :(

15. Zenithal macrumors 68040

During my days of trekking, I forget where, but I slid or rather tumbled down a hillside because I wasn't careful where I was stepping. Apparently I came to an hour later. I didn't hit anything, which made it all the stranger.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I can't say I've personally been involved in anything too freakish of an accident, knock on wood.

It's pretty crazy how nasty traffic is in the ocean when boating. Pick any nice weekend during the summer on Long Island Sound (water between NY, CT, and RI) and despite miles of open water you have to be very vigilant because there are boats criss crossing everywhere. Thankfully radar and moreso AIS transmitters/gps chart plotters make this a bit easier, especially in inclement weather. It's always nice to get that little message to pay attention because you're on a collision course with another boat.

Sorry to hear about your accident, sounds pretty traumatic. Glad you're okay.

17. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I fell off a Segway once. For those of you who have ridden one, it's fairly difficult to fall off a Segway.

18. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I wasn't actually involved but the circumstances were certainly freaky...

My parents and I (we live 10 minutes apart) were out one Saturday on different errands. It turns out we both chose to take a different route than normal for our destinations. Turns out that as we crossed paths (them Northbound on the road that we normally wouldn't have been on for where we were each going, I was Southbound) someone decided to make a U-turn as they were going by them (that person was going Northbound, 4-lane road with a "suicide lane" but he did this from the right shoulder for some reason) t-boned my parents. I SAW IT HAPPEN. I didn't realize it was them till I got a message from my dad.

They were OK, their car was drivable but now has a re-painted right side.