Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
okay...

so tiger's complicated vnc server's...

which vnc server is the most reliable?

osxvnc seems to work about 15% of the time....

thanks,
r.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
baummer said:
What exactly are you looking for it to do? OSXVNC works great for me, no problems whatsoever.
Ditto, I've been using OSXVNC on my Xserve since I got it...not once have I had a problem. Connects reliably everytime. Assuming you want it running all the time, make sure you have configured it to start as a service!

As for clients, I prefer Chicken of the VNC when I need to connect from a Mac, and RealVNC when connecting from a PC.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
hmmmmmm

hmmmmmm. have been using realvnc on the pc to access my ibook using osxvnc, but osxvnc has such a hardtime remaining a useful app!

what i mean is.... i download the program, it opens perfectly. usually, i think, it works and accepts the client.... and everything is hunky doory. sp?

but when i take my ibook home, and bring it back, the bloody OSXVNC program won't open! it just hops up and down and up and down and up and down again till i cancle the program, redownload it from osxvnc (because it seemms to automattically unzip so i can't just keep the compressed program) and reopen it.

it's a little tiring. why would osxvnc become a useless program after one use?

thanks,
r.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.