iPod What is the next Apple event (where a 6G iPod might be released?)

jagan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Hi

When are the next "Apple events" (where a new iPod might be released)?
I've read that they often release new hardware on tuesdays, but a new iPod will probably be released on a big event, don't you think?

Magnus

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
jagan said:
Hi

When are the next "Apple events" (where a new iPod might be released)?
I've read that they often release new hardware on tuesdays, but a new iPod will probably be released on a big event, don't you think?

Magnus
Apple Expo Paris is the last consumer-focussed event till MWSF next year, the nano and the 5G were released last year at "Apple Special Events" that usually only carry a week's notice so we don't know they're coming until much closer to the event.

It will certainly be soon, both versions are nearly a year old - the shuffle even more - and need to be updated for the Christmas buying season.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
The Mac Expo in Paris is in a few short weeks, so that will be the next major event. Hopefully Steve doesn't caall off the keynote as he did last year. :(

Although, come to think of it, I guess a keynote for the event hasn't even been confirmed yet... :eek: ;)

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Merom? Now it will be out of date by then, now that Apple have switched to Intel.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Louisville, KY
When it comes to iPod's, you have to think about one question:

What time of year will Apple sell the most iPod's?

The answer is....Christmas!

If they release a new iPod in September, by the time December rolls around the new iPod would be 3 months old. Ancient in terms of technology.

I'd say, look for an iPod special event between October 15 and November 1, just in time for the holiday shopping season.