What is the optimal viewing distance from the iPod touch your face?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaypee68, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jaypee68 macrumors regular

What is the optimal viewing distance from the iPod touch to your face when watching movies? Any ideas?

2. thegrue macrumors member

You have to actually insert it INTO your eye.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

4. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

is this a serious post?...

the "touch" part refers to you actually have to touch with your eye ball then hold the ipod as far away from yourface as possible...then throw it like a frisbee and dont go after it...haha

5. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, you people are a bunch of real *******s. Of course it was a real question. In everyones experience, how far did they have the touch away from their eyes before it became comfortable for them to watch? Was it really that hard of a question? I didn't think I would have to break it down for all of you.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Most people don't get out a ruler to measure the distance between face and iPod during use... Just use whatever distance is comfortable to you. I would think that it depends on your eyesight.

7. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't asking for people to get out a ruler. The question was more of a poll of what people's experience's were with viewing stuff on the iPod.

8. savar macrumors 68000

savar

The pixel density is fairly high, so you can get pretty close to it -- less than a foot. At the other extreme, depending on what you're watching you can be 2-3 feet away.

What prompted the question?

Ideally somebody will make a case with a stand that can be used both in vertical and horizontal viewing orientations.

9. rbroady macrumors regular

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

exactly at arms full length. locked elbows and everything to protect from the photons coming out of the screen (which COULD cause blindness)

11. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

I asked because on my week 38 iPod Touch, some of the negative black issue went away the farther I held it away from my eyes, the closer it was the more negatives were black as if they were polarized more and more as I brought it closer to my face.

12. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I actually noticed that too, I did a double take the first time. But it only happens when its really close (a few inches, too close for regular viewing)

13. bkosh84 macrumors newbie

It depends on what you are comfortable with honestly.. Just like a TV, you don't want to be so close so it gives you a headache or ruins your eyesight.