iPhone What is the performance of beta 1 like on iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by puertorioninja5, Jun 5, 2014.

1. puertorioninja5 macrumors newbie

Just curious, I have yet to find any videos or testimonies of what the first beta is like on the 4S. Could someone post a video or share their first impressions of how it runs on the 4S?

2. MDTyKe macrumors regular

Unusable. Completely unusable, even with a complete wipe.

3. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

What is the performance of beta 1 like on iPhone 4S?

Seriously? Damn, didn't think it would run that bad.. I mean, completely unusable??

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

It lasted one day on my 4s. It was a very frustrating experience. Last year I went through the entire progression of betas for iOS7 with fewer issues. I'm debating whether to try it on my 5s.

5. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

I had the beta on my 5s for 40 mins... apps unusable, most of my apps crashed, and if they didn't crash they were broken. Location services didn't turn off? and every I powered on my phone/restarted it, it asked for my iCloud Password like I just restored the phone?

There is like two new features that I might use (quick reply, and healthbook) but damn I can wait for a more stable OS.

Don't bother right now, wait till Beta 3 or 4.

6. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

IOS 8 beta is ok on the iphone 5S but i would wait in tell IOS beta 2 or 3 comes out be for installing it on your iphone 5S do not install IOS beta 1

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like there are people having all kinds of issues on all kinds of devices, even latest ones like iPad Air. So a lot of it might have to do with beta 1 and its installation (as it seems that there are more inconsistent installations) than anything particular to some devices.

8. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

And the reason why people are saying it's not usable could be because it seems like many people have issues with third party apps crashing or not working on beta 1.

9. Bilemshious macrumors member

Bilemshious

Unusable?! No. I've been using iOS 8 beta 1 since it was released a few days ago and it's far from unusable. It's beta for sure but I have minimal issues with it. It's on my "everyday" iPhone 4S and iPad Air

10. nvarga macrumors newbie

It isn't unusable, but I downgraded to 7.1.1. Phone is much more responsive now, so I'll wait for beta 4 or so. New features are really exciting, but for now everything is too slow. Worse than 7.0 on iPhone 4 (not S).

11. humar macrumors 6502

humar

Absolutely usable with some bug, of course.
    On my 4s I've got:
    - settings crashes most of the times. Annoying.
    - newsify app not working
    - some errors while using the keyboard with prediction text
    - whatsapp, once you delete all your history, works but sometimes scrolling a conversation brings you at the top of it.

Waiting for beta 2, can't live without my rss reader..