What is the perfume button on my MacBook Pro's Touch Bar?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by viktorpopovich, Jan 28, 2017.

1. viktorpopovich macrumors newbie

It just appeared here and I have no idea what it is! If I go to System Preferences --> Keyboard --> Customize Control Strip, it disappears, and it's not in the library of icons I can drag in. See attached screenshot of the touchbar, which I took via Cmd-Shift-6. (The "perfume button" is to the left of the brightness.)

Attached Files:

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

3. mds1256 macrumors regular

its a debug menu, not sure on the relevance of the spray bottle.... if I fire up Xcode and the simulator it shows and when I press it it shows debug options for step into and breakpoint etc

4. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Maybe it's supposed to represent bug spray.

5. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

Once you press it you will become irresistible to anyone with in 50 meters of you be careful because once you press it you will never be alone.......;)

6. TatianaS macrumors newbie

7. viktorpopovich thread starter macrumors newbie

mds1256, I just checked in Xcode and you're right! And duervo's probably right that the Xcode developers tried to have a bit of fun with the icon design :) Thanks all!

8. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

It would be a great icon for a 30 second clean keyboard and screen button. Hit it and your computer would go into sleep mode and stay there for 30 seconds while you finger all the keys and tb trying to clean all the people resin off.

9. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

It is for an upcoming feature that will exhaust a little puff of perfume to give your computing environment a more pleasant olfactory experience