What is the point of iTunes Radio?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Scott549, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Scott549 macrumors regular

Tell me if I am missing something. It seems to me that iTunes Radio does nothing that Pandora (and probably other services) already did for free. It is a way for Apple to suggest music and try to get people to buy it from the iTunes Store.

This seems like a prime example of a trend, from Apple being an innovative company to now simply following other companies' innovations.

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Don't over think it. People like to listen to music. iTunes Radio plays music.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Look, the OP answered his own question!:eek:

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple didn't invent the PC, the GUI, the mouse, the portable music player, music software, the smart phone, The retail store, the table,........

5. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

lol he's an Indigo child!

6. Cigsm macrumors 6502

iTunes has a lot more music then Pandora. So there's more selection, more artists, more variety, etc.

7. mpaquette macrumors regular

I was already an iTunes match customer and I was paying Pandora $36 a year for Pandora One. So the point for me is that I save $36 a year, have 1 less program to install on my iPhone/iPad and the song variety is much better than Pandora.

8. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Same for me and my wife, but we just started the iTunes Match because how much we are getting for $11 cheaper. My wife loves the iTunes Radio also now and streams all day at work.

9. Scott549 thread starter macrumors regular

OK, thanks for the responses. Sounds like people will have a use for it. I like to choose my own music, and a subscription service like Spotify serves that purpose much better.

10. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I like to do the same, but I am learning I don't get to hear new stuff. My wife loves it and at times it's nice to have it in the background at work. She will have a playlist from a band she likes and then the iTunes Radio also plays bands that are like the the bad she likes. Great way to learn new bands you never heard of.
    So I might give it a try and lear new music also. Since I am paying for iTunes Match, I won't have Ads to worry about.