What is the point of resale?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seanuhthin, Aug 17, 2010.

1. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

By keeping your iPhone in mint condition, does this leave some sort of room to sell it and buy the newest phone out there when the time comes? I know simply resale just means when you feel like selling it, you can for high as it is in mint condition provided you used a case... But are there any obstacles keeping your from just turning around your previous gen phone to have some money towards a new model? I really want to know, because for some reason I have a feeling 2 year contract means only with the phone you currently have, for ex iPhone 3gs...

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Yes, when your two year contract is up you can sell your iphone on ebay for almost as much as the new iphone would cost. So you can continue upgrading your phone for free basically.

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

or i suppose you could sell it after a year and get the newest iphone every year for the early upgrade price which after the resale would be maybe 100 bucks less than the price you'd pay for the new phone.

4. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

So basically, once you buy an iPhone, provided you take the right care measure, you almost never have to worry about upgrade expenses no? If so, I can't help but feel as if I'm in some sort of apple mafia where I'm provided everything for free

5. unamused macrumors 6502

just look at the market price for the older iphones... they are still selling for 200 plus or minus... then look at how much it costs to get a new one on contract... its worthwhile to protect the investment, especially if you like having new toys and are willing to pay a small amount for each upgrade...