What is the point of the Apple lightning dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zooby, Sep 20, 2015.

1. zooby, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

To make the phone on your desk go from this _ to this /.

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

If you have to ask what it is useful for then your just not going to get what it is for. Personally I have mine(the older white one) on my desk at home with because for one thing it looks more tidy. I also charge my Air 2 on it but I have it in a place where the top of the iPad is resting against something so as not to put too much pressure on the port.

The colour has to be your choice but if you are getting a rose gold iPhone 6s now but thinking of going back to space grey next time(I presume next year) then just get a new one next year. I'm sure Apple will bring out a new dock for the iPhone 7 anyway.

I went into my local store the other day to get a space grey one because I'm getting a 6s in space grey on Friday plus the dock I have is the cheaper feeling plastic one. When I mentioned that I had only bought the old one a while back the guy that was dealing with me suggested I just return it and exchange it for the new one and pay the difference. So that is what I'm going to do when I'm back home next week.