Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
I'v been hearing reports that Apple will discontinue the 12" Powerbook and won't get into a 12" MacBook Pro, how certain is this report?

If it's true, what would be the effect on me if I decided to get the latest revision on the 12" PowerBook 3-4 months from now? What problems will I be faced with?

I have my current PowerBook and I'm happy with it cause I take it everywhere I go, I mean EVERYWHERE, and I really can't go bigger.

any thoughts? thanks

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
slim to none. I have heard rumors about a 13.3" widescreen though, so if 13" isn't too big for you you can always wait and see... but as you probably know nobody has a clue what apple will release next.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
The 13" widescreen will of course be narrower on the vertical than the 12" so will be just as portable... Here's hoping anyway :D

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Nothing but guesses. My guess is that they will bring out a seventeen inch pro machine and then just have a small macbook, but that is just my opinion.:p

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
Jericho2550 said:
I'v been hearing reports that Apple will discontinue the 12" Powerbook and won't get into a 12" MacBook Pro, how certain is this report?

If it's true, what would be the effect on me if I decided to get the latest revision on the 12" PowerBook 3-4 months from now? What problems will I be faced with?

I have my current PowerBook and I'm happy with it cause I take it everywhere I go, I mean EVERYWHERE, and I really can't go bigger.

any thoughts? thanks

if the only software you'll be using is ppc or will still be supported then getting the latest 12" pbook 3-4 months from now should be fine.

i was thinking about doing the same thing myself...

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
I suspect it will be like the old TiBook to AlBook transition all over again, the 12" and 17" models will also introduce a form factor change to the current model, but hey.. no harm hoping :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.