What is the process of swapping an iPhone 6s for another one in store when on the upgrade program?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulgandersman, Oct 9, 2015.

1. paulgandersman macrumors regular

So I have an iPhone 6s on the Apple Upgrade Program. I'm within my return period. I want to take it back to the apple store and have it exchanged for another one because I believe my battery is defective. It's behavior is not consistent with anyone else's i've seen, it is draining incredibly quick with very few background refresh apps on and not heavy usage. (for example the other night it hit 20% and I put it on low power mode. in less than an hour - probably 30-40 mins - it had dropped to 15% just sitting in my pocket. again on LOW POWER MODE.)

So what is the process? Will they just scan mine back in and scan me a new one and that's it? Or will they have to cancel out the whole financing agreement, refund my money, and then start the process all over again, re-checking my credit and all that? I'm sure some of you have done this for the whole Samsung to TSMC swap, so I'm wondering what the experience is.

Thanks!

edit - and I'm on Verizon if it makes a difference.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Depends if you're returning it and buying a new one or exchanging it with applecare.

3. paulgandersman thread starter macrumors regular

well all i know is that i have a new phone within the 2 week period, i'm not happy with it and i'd like a replacement. however they want to do that is fine with me but i'm not gonna wait for the genius bar or anything like that. since it's a new phone it should all happen through the sales department in my opinion and not through tech support.

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

In that case you are returning and buying a new one. So you need to bring your box and everything and return the phone. Then you buy a new one the same way you bought your first one, so you probably should reserve one before you go to make sure they have stock.

5. paulgandersman thread starter macrumors regular

they wouldn't be able to do an exchange rather than doing the whole refund and payment process again? i have no problem bringing the box and all that, i just don't wanna deal with the credit check again and all that.

6. evorc, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

Then do a Genius Bar replacement. Schedule an appointment. No need to bring box, charger, etc...