Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dloreski

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Hi everyone, I've used BB for the past 3 years and my 9700 receives my AOL emails extremely fast. I have to keep my AOL address for business purposes.
Sometimes I hear that the iphone gets it twice as fast, other times I hear it lags 15-30 minutes.
What's the real story with this?
Then I hear there is a push app for it......Does that make it work the same as BB?
-Dave

Caraj

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I have both bb and iPhone and when I set the iPhone to push from the exchange server the battery lasts half a day at best. The emails arrive at the same time. So now I have my iPhone set to fetch every 30 minutes and the battery is much better.

eezing

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
I have both bb and iPhone and when I set the iPhone to push from the exchange server the battery lasts half a day at best. The emails arrive at the same time. So now I have my iPhone set to fetch every 30 minutes and the battery is much better.

I've seen no difference in battery life going from 15 minute fetch to gmail (exchage method) push.

dloreski

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
hmmm, interesting.
Has there been any information on if the 4G would have better battery life when it pushes the email?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.