Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexwaston

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 24, 2016
When i bought my iPhone 4s i could use Siri in english right away (this was long before the danish Siri was born)

I have just bought my Apple TV4 and so far.. I like it, but why has Apple decided to not let everyone use it?

I know it is "only" a matter of time until they enable it in Denmark where i live. I have read their explanation, but it still doesn't make sense!

Since I have been able to use Siri (english version) in Denmark on my iPhone for 6 years without any problems related to Dialect, accent or otherwise. There is no reason for Apple to do this! ???

Last edited by a moderator:

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Siri works using code running on large servers. Not magic. You don't just flip a switch and then everything magically comes together. Siri on the Apple TV should be able to parse a lot of specific movie/TV related stuff, which isn't necessary on the phone. And english names spoken with a thick danish accent is not pretty.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Siri works using code running on large servers. Not magic. You don't just flip a switch and then everything magically comes together. Siri on the Apple TV should be able to parse a lot of specific movie/TV related stuff, which isn't necessary on the phone. And english names spoken with a thick danish accent is not pretty.
Don't lie to me! It's magic!

I guess Siri for the tv's OS is just significantly different than iOS. Which I can understand.

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
I think there are more reasons:
BTW Siri is disabled in Austria although we're speaking here the same language as it is spoken in Germany, where Siri is enabled. :(

Reactions: LiveM

hergosx

macrumors newbie
Don't know... But here in Argentina speak SPANISH LATIN, the same of Spanish USA and SPANISH MEXICO and if I select Argentina Siri is disabled, but if I select USA Spanish Siri works, but I can' t use my Argentina iTunes Account because ATV4 say to me than my Itunes account its only for Argentina and disabled my Siri automatically... Force me to use an USA iTunes account without credit card to use Siri, but can't buy anything, even I can' t use my Apple Music Account in my ATV4 if I want to use Siri... Its really a ****...
I'll be happy if Apple enable Siri for Spanish Latinamerica generic lenguaje and don't **** us with iTunes account region and Siri support anymore...

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeatOSX

inkahauts

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
I think there are more reasons:
BTW Siri is disabled in Austria although we're speaking here the same language as it is spoken in Germany, where Siri is enabled. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all about the content being in the database right for Siri to find it.

aerre

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Is there any chance that Siri will happen in Mexico (and a bunch of other countries) sometime in the near future?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.