What is the reason for not enabling Siri for everyone?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by alexwaston, Oct 12, 2016.

1. alexwaston, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017

alexwaston Suspended

When i bought my iPhone 4s i could use Siri in english right away (this was long before the danish Siri was born)

I have just bought my Apple TV4 and so far.. I like it, but why has Apple decided to not let everyone use it?

I know it is "only" a matter of time until they enable it in Denmark where i live. I have read their explanation, but it still doesn't make sense!

Since I have been able to use Siri (english version) in Denmark on my iPhone for 6 years without any problems related to Dialect, accent or otherwise. There is no reason for Apple to do this! ???

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Siri works using code running on large servers. Not magic. You don't just flip a switch and then everything magically comes together. Siri on the Apple TV should be able to parse a lot of specific movie/TV related stuff, which isn't necessary on the phone. And english names spoken with a thick danish accent is not pretty.

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Don't lie to me! It's magic!

I guess Siri for the tv's OS is just significantly different than iOS. Which I can understand.

5. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Just the way it is for now...

6. MikeatOSX macrumors regular

MikeatOSX

I think there are more reasons:
    BTW Siri is disabled in Austria although we're speaking here the same language as it is spoken in Germany, where Siri is enabled. :(

7. hergosx, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

hergosx macrumors newbie

hergosx

Don't know... But here in Argentina speak SPANISH LATIN, the same of Spanish USA and SPANISH MEXICO and if I select Argentina Siri is disabled, but if I select USA Spanish Siri works, but I can' t use my Argentina iTunes Account because ATV4 say to me than my Itunes account its only for Argentina and disabled my Siri automatically... Force me to use an USA iTunes account without credit card to use Siri, but can't buy anything, even I can' t use my Apple Music Account in my ATV4 if I want to use Siri... Its really a ****...
    I'll be happy if Apple enable Siri for Spanish Latinamerica generic lenguaje and don't **** us with iTunes account region and Siri support anymore...

8. inkahauts macrumors regular

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all about the content being in the database right for Siri to find it.

9. aerre macrumors member

Is there any chance that Siri will happen in Mexico (and a bunch of other countries) sometime in the near future?

10. Lappen71 macrumors regular

Lappen71

Ask Apple