What is the size of the iPad2 camera?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ant2009, May 1, 2011.

1. ant2009 macrumors member

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a iPad2. However, on the apple website it saids nothing about the mp of the camera back and front.

I am wondering what are the sizes in mega pixels are the cameras?

I heard that the camera size is not very good in the iPad2. What does anyone else think about this?

Many thanks for any suggestions,

2. skids94954 macrumors newbie

It's not meant for taking pictures although it will take poor quality ones. It's mostly meant for Facetime video chats. I think it's like a 2 mb camera.

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

The rear camera is meant for FaceTime?

I think a figure of 2 is very generous.

4. ani23 macrumors 6502

From google

According to Apple’s iPad 2 tech specs, the front camera—the one facing you when you’re looking at the iPad’s screen—is virtually identical to the front camera on both the iPhone 4 and the fourth-generation iPod touch: it can record VGA video (640 by 480 pixels) at up to 30 frames per second and can take photos at the same resolution.

The back camera is similar to that of the fourth-generation iPod touch, in that it can record HD-quality (720p) video at up to 30 frames per second, and take pictures at that 1280 by 720 pixel resolution; the camera also offers a 5x digital zoom. However, the iPhone 4 maintains its spot on top of the pack in terms of still images: its 5-megapixel camera produces substantially higher quality pictures (2592 by 1936 pixels) than what the iPad 2 or iPod touch can produce.

5. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

iPod touch can't produce the quoted resolution, and the rear camera on the iPad 2 is no better than the iPod.

6. ani23 macrumors 6502

Possible. I don't really care about the ones on the iPad as long as it works great for FaceTime.