What is the slimmest case on the market?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BA005, Aug 5, 2008.

1. BA005 macrumors newbie

I am after a case for my iPhone 3G, but I want one that is the least noticeable and least chunky etc. Some kind of thin shell etc.

The case that I am looking for is really intended to prevent scratches to the unit, rather than to absorb shocks if I drop it etc.

Because I love the iPhone 'au naturel' and have been carrying it around 'naked' until now, but I have heard so many horror stories of people having theirs scratched and dropped etc! And the reason I dont like a big silicone case is because it doesn't do the iPhone's sleek design any favours.

Your opinions (and pictures) would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Why not try an Invisible Shield? I have it installed on my iPhone, and it works like a charm. It prevents scratches, and when installed properly, it is hardly noticeable.

3. joebokeh macrumors member

If your concerns are scratches and not drop protection, the slimmest would be body gaurdz, invisible shield, or bestskinsever....

Those are all clear films you put on the phone with next to nothing added in size ...

4. BA005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds good, can I see a picture?

5. fstrxp macrumors newbie

I am putting Invisible Shield on my phone. They are opening a kiosk here in the mall in Tampa, Florida so if you are close you can get it there and have them professionally install it or you can order it from www.zagg.com and put it on yourself.

6. Spongey817 macrumors regular

If you wanted an actual case, rather than skin-type protectors, I would go for the Sena UltraSlim case. It's a leather case with a velvet type interior. It's incredibly thin and offers protection without the bulk of a case.

Retails for about 40 dollars...

7. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

8. BA005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much guys for the advice.

I think a bodyguardz accompanied with a Sena UltraSlim case (for when I throw it in my bag etc) is just the trick for me.

Appreciate that. Cheers.

9. maximus06 macrumors regular

10. volks88 macrumors member

Contour Flick. I had it. Can't even tell there was a case on it.