What is the upper-right, pre-Lion button called? Collapse?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Cubytus, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Hi there,

since I have a 13" screen and generally dislike clutter, I used this upper-right small button a lot.. Seems to have disappeared in Lion. What it's called? And is there a way to bring back its functionality?

2. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

I can't remember what it was called but it was used to show/hide the Toolbar of an application. I miss it too.

3. The Economist macrumors 6502

The Economist

You're right, it's gone. You can still hide the Finder's toolbar, just right click on it and the last option lets you hide it.

4. Cubytus thread starter macrumors 65816

More clicks to achieve the same goal. Can't wait to go back to SL :(

5. Cubytus thread starter macrumors 65816

Finally, back to SL. Now, I find it would have been nice to get "The Pill" in Safari.

If you miss it also, don't forget to send your feedback to Apple, there: http://www.apple.com/feedback
    They never answer, but surely read everything. I'm pretty sure it helps a lot when you're being polite and write without too many mistakes.

6. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

S-

7. Apple Key macrumors 6502a

Apple Key

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal here is. Screens are getting larger and I would venture that this feature was rarely used anyways. Plus with most applications you could always go full screen.

You could also just hide the toolbar instead and regain space that way (at least in Safari). Navigate using the Command-L shortcut.

8. Cubytus thread starter macrumors 65816

Switching from a 13" to another 13" didn't make it any larger. Resolution is still the same 1280x800.

I actually hate full screen as it is an inefficient use of the available estate. Much better is the "optimal fit" for maximum visibility yet leave room for other applications to share. I found pre-Lion versions excellent in this regard.