What is the worst movie you ever watched?

Reevefoug

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2019
I will start with two movies you should avoid at all costs

wimbledon
angus thongs and perfect snogging

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I'd say there difference between worst ever watched and worst big budget movie ever watched. As you can't expect movies with a shoestring budget to compete. You expect them to be bad. While a big budget movie you have a certain expectations for script, direction, dialogue, acting, &c.

The worst movie I've ever watched was "Manos: The Hands of Fate"

The worst mega budget movie, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi"

Worst kids movie, "The NeverEnding Story."

I've probably seen worse than each of these. It's just what I can think of. Bad movies really aren't that memorable.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
The North
This probably still isn't quite it, but because I can't remember a worse one at the moment it's a pretty good competitor for the first spot nonetheless.

The Brothers Solomon.

No, I'm not going to link to it, because I to some degree or another respect, and value all of you reading this. Take my word for it, we're dealing with an atrocious piece of garbage here, do not seek out this monstrosity of a film if you value your 1) retinas, 2) sanity and 3) time on this earth.

That is all.

Fun fact, the film was directed by Bob "Saul Goodman" Odenkirk. Someone really should call Saul and ask what he was thinking.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
If you want to see the worst movie, see "The Battle of Los Angeles" (2011) (Not Battle Los Angeles although that was pretty bad).

I can guarantee that nobody here can sit through the entire movie.

Some of the reviews on IMDb are pretty funny.

It's from Asylum studios, of course it's terrible, that exactly __why__ you watch their movies :D

They're mostly responsible for the term Mockbuster! I mean, they're brought us such amazing movies as:

Atlantic Rim
Independents' Day
Transmorphers

:D

Reactions: AngerDanger

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
It's from Asylum studios, of course it's terrible, that exactly __why__ you watch their movies :D

They're mostly responsible for the term Mockbuster! I mean, they're brought us such amazing movies as:
I have to agree with you about Asylum studios.

All of their work is parody and is somewhat humorous.

Battle of Los Angeles (2011) is an exception in that as a parody, it it is not humorous and is very bad.

Battle of Los Angeles (2011) (Not Battle Los Angeles) was on on Netflix. Check it out if it's still there and I think you will agree that it's one of the worst movies ever made.

artfossil

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
It was the early 80's and it was Fairbanks, Alaska, and it was now decades ago, but just a mention of the title of "Children of the Corn" has me rolling my eyes and laughing.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
The worst movie I've ever watched was "Manos: The Hands of Fate"
Yarp. But if you give it the MST2K treatment, Manos becomes a side splitting riot to watch.

The worst anime movie I've ever seen is for the longest time was M.D. Giest. Top notch animation, but horrible, no existent story line. That was until I watched the DUBBED version of Macross: Do You Remember Love. The original/fan-subbed version, awesome. The dubbed would make lesser men swear off anime for life. I had to re-watch Macross, Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, and Macross Delta to banish the horrible dubbing from my memory. No Macross II or Macross 7 because those were pretty bad too.:p

If you ever come across a DUBBED version of Macross: DYRL, burn it. Burn it with fire.:eek:

Reactions: AngerDanger

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I have to agree with you about Asylum studios.

All of their work is parody and is somewhat humorous.

Battle of Los Angeles (2011) is an exception in that as a parody, it it is not humorous and is very bad.

Battle of Los Angeles (2011) (Not Battle Los Angeles) was on on Netflix. Check it out if it's still there and I think you will agree that it's one of the worst movies ever made.

The knock off of I Am Legend, by Asylum, titled, I Am Omega, is amazing, stars Mark Dacascos (who is actually pretty good, he's Zero in John Wick 3). Just the title is hysterical, like a fusion of I Am Legend and Omega Man (both being adaptations of the Richard Matheson story). To be honest, it's not any worse than the Will Smith movie. :D

Yarp. But if you give it the MST2K treatment, Manos becomes a side splitting riot to watch.

The worst anime movie I've ever seen is for the longest time was M.D. Giest. Top notch animation, but horrible, no existent story line. That was until I watched the DUBBED version of Macross: Do You Remember Love. The original/fan-subbed version, awesome. The dubbed would make lesser men swear off anime for life. I had to re-watch Macross, Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, and Macross Delta to banish the horrible dubbing from my memory. No Macross II or Macross 7 because those were pretty bad too.:p

If you ever come across a DUBBED version of Macross: DYRL, burn it. Burn it with fire.:eek:
My little G just compiled her Anime ranking list (one of the major ranking sites), she went through her list with me, she had some very specific opinions on the why like/dislike :D

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia

Watched it on MST3K. Even with their treatment it was too horrible. No matter how many time they said "Manos... The hands of fate":eek: