What is this file?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Shake 'n' Bake, May 13, 2009.

1. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I found this Bluetooth-related file in my home folder today. What is it?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Shake 'n' Bake thread starter macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

From the image it looks like you're sharing your home folder. Maybe someone else on your network put it there, which would be bad since that file is likely logger related. I couldn't find anything on that file extension (pklg). If it's a somewhat small file try to open it in a text editor to see if you can find any info on it.

4. Shake 'n' Bake thread starter macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

No, no one would put it there. I've got the only Mac in the house and only my dad and I browse over the network and he doesn't even like Macs.

AHH! Another showed up! Between 5:20 and 6:19 PM. If it matters, I've got no Bluetooth devices a and Bluetooth is off.

5. Shake 'n' Bake thread starter macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

The new one says this "[18:03:24.000] [NewC] New Controller INTEL> OS:10.5.7."

The old one says the same, but with 10.5.6.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well I was thinking of more of a uninvited guest on your network. Perhaps someone found their way onto your wireless network?

I couldn't find anything via Google about that text. Very odd that nothing relating to it comes up. I even have bluetooth devices and don't have anything like that. If that string you provided is all that's in the file then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Does leave me curious though.

7. Shake 'n' Bake thread starter macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

That's all there is. Then when I open it, there's a bunch of letters and numbers.