What is this For ?

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
I just bought my third mac computer this one is a 13" MBP, in the corner of the desktop all my other Mac's have a pic of a hard drive there but this mack has a folder there instead and it says Previous Local Idiscs, and the point of this is ?
Thanks....

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Nope new in the box from BestBuy, you know what I did start to to do something with mobile me and then changed my mind ?

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
I do not plan on using mobile me, to much money. Should I just delete the folder and then should I put the hard drive icon back there, do I really need it on the desktop ? Thanks...

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Which is something Apple does not condone, I'd check with Apple about your AppleCare date, it's probably not what you think it is. Add Fry's to the list of resellers who do this as well.
Fry's doesn't do this... I saw about 8 Macs on Black Friday at the counter. The seals weren't broken. I also stopped by Best Buy to buy an iPod for a friend. I saw/heard a sales rep trying to sell this Geek Squad package ($100? I think) to this family who bought 2 Macs. The guy said a "Geek" will uninstall any trial software, set up networking and install anti virus software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.