What is this in the settings

Laidbackal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
It's located in setting under network then you click on roaming it is called international CDMA it has always been turned on my iPhone 4s and I'm not sure what it is and if I should turn it off I live in the us not internationally.

Laidbackal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
U dont know the answer to the question so face palm to u I was asking if it should be left on or turned off that is all.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Simple, On allows you to use your phone from outside the United States, Off will not allow you to use your phone from outside the United States.

If you aren't going anywhere with the phone, leaving it on or off will do nothing to your service. Its just another slider you can play with.

RoboCop001

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Simple, On allows you to use your phone from outside the United States, Off will not allow you to use your phone from outside the United States.

If you aren't going anywhere with the phone, leaving it on or off will do nothing to your service. Its just another slider you can play with.
Thanks for proving there's real, friendly people on here. :)

:eek: is this for real? :confused: Really?!? /facepalm
As for you two... not cool.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
A good reason to leave it off, might be if you lived in the USA near the Mexican or Canadian borders

Reportedly, people's phones will sometimes jump to a cell in the neighboring country, and get charged for international rates.
And gee I bet the carriers hate when that happens. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.