What is this iPhone trickery?! (Lyrics showing up?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrono1081, Jul 23, 2009.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

My friend showed me his iPhone yesterday and he was playing Nightwish and instead of just showing album art lyrics were scrolling along. It didn't happen on all songs just a few. My same Nightwish songs didn't do this. He said all he did was load the songs from iTunes onto the phone nothing else.

Anyone know what this is?

2. conman16 macrumors member

Did ur friend get the sing off limewire? Cuz sometimes limewire songs got lyrics dawg

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

^^^

To get them, right click on a song > get info > lyrics

4. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Check out tunewiki on the app store

5. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

That is so interesting! I didn't know that stuff existed. Thank you guys for the replies :)

Edit: Meh, all my getinfo->lyrics show up blank. I'm guessing tunewiki downloads them? I cant look at tunewiki yet still at work : /

6. MokSiFu macrumors member

tunewiki has scrolling lyrics downloaded off the interweb but as far as i know, it doesn't save the lyrics to your track. But it's pretty cool it has scrolling lyrics :)

If you want to get lyrics (automatically), I use the Harmonic widget by Mindquirk to download them for me when I play music on my computer, it gets the lyrics most of the time: http://mindquirk.com/apps/harmonic/ - and you just sync it with your library on your iTouch/iPhone and you get the lyrics when you tap the album art :)

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I guess I should have elaborated more. Songs don't come with lyrics, you need to copy them into that panel. Lyric sites are all over the web or MokSifu has a good idea

8. davyreins macrumors 6502

I first noticed this feature on my iPod. I was just as surprised when I figured out some of my songs had it.

9. jason72780 macrumors regular

If you download the TunesText widget it'll Automatically add the lyrics in iTunes whenever you play a song. Then it'll update the iPhone when it syncs.

10. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

11. David G. macrumors 65816

12. iGaryMonnecka macrumors member

are there any programs that will do that to add lyrics but you dont need to play each song?

13. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Nope. The scripts can take care of it, though - they just play a short snippet from each song, enough for the lyrics to be looked up and added.

Just leave it running overnight.

14. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well, now that I think about it, you can, sorta easily. Using the link that I gave above is better since it lets you review the lyrics before you commit it to the song.