What is this,its limiting my online acces

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by maddog91, Jan 18, 2012.

1. maddog91 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I keep getting it everytime I go on Facebook or other sites..Its pissing me off,and sometimes it takes me to UPS.com...Something is wrong and its getting on my nerve..Idk what I clicked,but now I cant even go on facebook.It wont load the page.

2. simsaladimbamba

Does it only happen in Opera?
    Can this help:

Read the section called WHY AM I BEING REDIRECTED TO OTHER SITES? in the following FAQ:

3. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Have you tried surfing with an alternative browser? Chrome comes to mind.

4. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

Happens in Safari and Opera. Dont feel like dl more browsers for a problem that was never there until a week ago.

5. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

We can't really help without more information. Specifically, what changed when it started happening? Did you do anything different? I would still try Firefox or chrome, as both are easy to install, and we can see if its the browser or something different.

6. simsaladimbamba

Looked at that link yet?

7. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing. I moved to a new city..Seriously thats it lol..It keeps bringing it up EVEN after i put accept the site and over ride it with my system password.

"You don't have permission to access "/D/2047/68479/000/origin.www.facebook.com/" on this server.
    Reference #18.dd841f45.1327305450.4bee163"
    AFTER i press APPROVE..WTF!

8. ShoG macrumors member

9. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea,the apartment I moved into has its own Wifi..Also school is giving me issues..Problems connecting to open Wifis and even closed ones when I have the password. So,what do I do, I can't EVEN GET ON TWITTER!

10. knuckelz macrumors newbie

System Time

Is your system time correct (hour, min, day, month, year)? It's a weird thing, but if your time is wrong it can mess up a lot of stuff.

11. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, its all correct.

12. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? Resting the router did nothing..

13. germanjulian macrumors regular

Hi,
    this could be bad... it could be a misconfiguration somewhere but that warning means the security certificate you get when using https which is issued for example by "facebook.com" does not match the website you are going to which could indicate a man in the middle attack or something dodgy going on with DNS.

If you can restore (clean install) your mac do that and do not restore from backup! Otherwise I would highly advice to seek professional help and not use your mac for anything like banking email logings etc.

14. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Just clear your browser cache and history. it looks like the name mismatch is because of autocomplete appending your Facebook "short name" to the end of the URL.

15. doctorandrew macrumors member

Could be a router problem. Try connecting your laptop straight to the modem and see if that solves it.

16. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey