What is this keyboard shortcut?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RipeRetina, Feb 11, 2012.

1. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

Please see pictures attached, the first key, what does it correspond with on the keyboard on my macbook? Any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, anybody know how to tell safari to go to TOP SITES as the homepage?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's no way to set Top Sites as your home page, but you can set Safari to open new tabs or windows with Top Sites, by going to Safari > Preferences > General.

Helpful Information for Any Mac User

4. RipeRetina thread starter macrumors regular

RipeRetina

oh ok thanx, also, I want to use safari more because of some issues i'm having with chrome, anybody know how to make the top sites the homepage. Right now, when I open safari, it opens the last page that I had open. I want it to open to the top sites screen all the time. Is this possible? With an extension maybe?

5. RipeRetina thread starter macrumors regular

RipeRetina

ok, thanks again for the quick replies. think i'll just use the keyboard shortcut for top sites as I used the suggestions in this Apple thread to no avail.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's really no need to set Top Sites as your home page. As I already said, you can make new windows or tabs automatically open with Top Sites, and you can use the Top Sites button on your toolbar to go there, just like a button to go to your home page.

7. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

When you are done with a browser window, use the close button. That way the next time you launch Safari it will open a New Window which will show Top Sites

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

.... or just click the Top Sites button. No need to close and open a window.