What is this? Loose screw or something?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmk1974, Jul 28, 2013.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I just opened up my brand new 13" rMBP that I bought on Saturday. Fired it up and so on and when I hit the enter key, it didn't depress. I tapped it a few more times and depending on where I tapped it, it would or would not go down.

Looking closer, I can see in the gap between the key and the aluminum something is there preventing it from going down along the bottom half of the button. This is an expensive machine so I don't want to go prying off keys. Does it look like a loose screw or something? I don't want to start off with a Genius repair...hopefully I can just take it back to Best Buy for an even exchange. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. mneblett macrumors 6502

Don't even THINK about trying to deal with this yourself -- take it back to Apple or Best Buy.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

^^^

Don't even try...it's a no brainer...Apple will swap it out...it's new...don't open it.

4. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I purchased it at Best Buy so I figure I should take it there first for an even exchange.

Here's a video too. It's not lodged in one spot, but floating along that lower edge as well.

http://youtu.be/qpBn23f_LU4

5. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

Stop posting, box/bag it up, and get to Best Buy! Not even necessary to try and diagnose it.

6. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I just ran back to the Best Buy and they exchanged it for me. They also topped off the key and took out what looked like a tiny screw like you would find in a pair of eyeglasses.

Hopefully the new one I just got will be perfect!