What is this? (MacBook display problem)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yojitani, Feb 6, 2008.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Sigh. I'm really hoping someone is going to tell me this is a software problem - a problem with leopard. If this is another hardware problem, I won't see this machine again - it's been repaired too many times.

I was here typing away and I noticed that what was a little bit of bleed on the toolbar has started reproducing. The thing is, the bleed shows up if I take a screenshot.:confused: I figured that screenshots would not capture hardware abnormalities. Here's the screenshot. What is going on?

Attached Files:

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I suspect that's showing through the menubar from your desktop background. Is there text (like a copyright maybe?) on the top left of your desktop background image?

4. GeneKam macrumors regular

hah i was about to say same thing
    it looks like a grafity or comic san signiture

5. r00 macrumors member

it's a copyright on the wallpaper itself, it says 2007 something. Open up the image in preview and you'll see. No worries.

6. gothamm macrumors 6502a

good job. ;)

that has to be it.

7. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

:eek: You all are so right! I forgot about the transparent menubar. How on earth can you read that r00? It says "2007 NASA from MacDesktops.com" Just changed that today... looks like I'm going back to the old one. This is annoying as hell.

8. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Or you can smudge/remove the text if you want to keep using it.... Or wait for 10.5.2 that will allegedly allow you to disable the menubar transparency (or use the terminal hack to do it manually).