What Is This Movie..?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kolax, May 30, 2010.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I really can't remember a huge deal about it and if anyone recognises what I can remember, I'd love to know the name!

The scene that stood out was this guy made a robot that mimicked what he did (the guy wore some special suit). So if the guy moved his right arm, the robot would too. For some reason, the robot was dressed as a clown. Funniest moment is when the guy is wearing the suit and he ends up fighting someone in his apartment. The guy is being strangled and the robot is mimicking someone being strangled. Ending is where the robot is in a helicopter with a suitcase full of money and the guy is on the ground with the suit on, and he has to mimic jumping out of a helicopter to get the robot to jump out and get the money.

Does this ring any bells?

2. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

The film is either FX Murder by Illusion or the sequel FX2.

Brian Dennehy and Brian Brown.

Movie special effects guys run around, foiling bad guys.:D

3. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

is this movie from the late '80s or early 90-91? I recall a movie with the premise of a stunt coordinator making a movie with stunts and this was in that. I think there was 2 of those.

4. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Bastard!! You beat me by 1 minute while I was thinking about it, lol. That movie when it debuted wasn't too bad actually; looking back it was pitiful.

5. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

yep, that's how I roll;)

I'm a bit of a movie geek and the 80's were the right time.:cool:

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I watched FX2 last year, was pretty good! That's the one with the helicopter at the end? I need to get round to watching the first one.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There's a certain World of World of Warcraft quality to this entire franchise, from the way y'all describe it. :p

8. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

Yeah but Brian Dennehy is the man!

9. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Think that may well be the film! I do recall there being a sequel too!

Pretty hard to get a hold of - I saw it on TV years and years ago and always remembered it being amusing in a juvenile way, and I've wanted to see it again since!

Once it finishes downlo..err.. arrives in the post I'll let you know if it was the film I was meaning!

Cheers lads!