What is this on my MBA, Defect?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by joelseph7, Sep 5, 2011.

1. joelseph7 macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2011
    Ok so I should have probably checked for any imperfections upon buying my MBA the first day. Though I somehow missed an important area :confused::eek:!

I've attached some pictures. Please let me know if this is normal, which would be pretty odd or if my MBA has a defect of some sort. Hope the pics aren't too big, if they are let me know and ill resize them.

Also if its not normal should I go to apple about it? Would they try and fix it or replace my MBA? I'm passed the 14 day period as I bought my MBA early last month so I'm not sure what to do if it is a defect of some sort. Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thank you! :)
  2. ZBoater macrumors G3

Jul 2, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    That is not normal. Do you have an Apple Store nearby?
  3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

Jul 12, 2011
    assembly fail! Take it back and they will fix it for u.
  4. joelseph7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2011
    Yes I do.

Do I make and appointment with them first or could I just walk in?
    Sorry, Mac-noobie here so I'm not sure how Apple handles situations like this.
  5. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Feb 5, 2007
    Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Make an appointment on line, and go on in, save you from waiting like cattle:cool:
  6. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Jan 11, 2007
    That looks like just the tape / wrap used to protect the flex cable (that drives your LCD) from the hinge assembly. They tend to float around, and their job is to prevent chafing / snagging of the flex against the chassis.

I wouldn't lose much sleep of this.
  7. joelseph7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2011
    Awesome, thats good to know thanks!

Well thank you for the help guys! :D