What is this on my rMBP?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaCohen0509, Jul 9, 2014.

1. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

So I've noticed this awful red line on the right side of my rMBP late 2013 model. ITS SO ANNOYING. Its practically all I see when I look at the screen. How valid is my claim to make at an apple store? I do have applecare on it.

DSC_0026.jpg

2. OldMacUser macrumors member

OldMacUser

Looks like a line of LEDs have gone.

I have the same problem with a 2010 MBP with Hi-Res anti-glare screen where a blue line goes from top-to-bottom on the left side of the screen and is visible on dark backgrounds (not so visible on light backgrounds).

Annoying but since the MBP is OOW, it will cost at least $700-$800 to replace (maybe more since it's hi-res AG, previously had to replace another MBP screen which was $700).

Since its still under warranty and you have Applecare, take it back to Apple and they would likely replace it.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That's a defective screen. Apple will fix it unless they see any physical damage that may have caused it.

4. CaCohen0509 thread starter macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

thats the funny thing, I baby this machine like its a living breathing person, yet it still manages to find a way to malfunction.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Then something was wrong with the screen when it was manufactured and it just didn't show up until now.

6. pragmatous macrumors 65816

is picking up a phone and dialing numbers hard or? Just call apple and they will fix it.