What is this part?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zefengel, Jun 22, 2011.

  1. Zefengel, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

    Zefengel macrumors newbie

    Jun 22, 2011
    I have a 2011 MBP
    I don't know if this question has been asked before, sorry if it has.

    There is this black thing aside the standby light (I don't know if it's a hole or not). I read the manual and it didn't say anything about it.

    Does it have any use? Or is it just there for decoration?
  2. Jexta macrumors member

    Apr 11, 2011
    If by standby "button", you actually mean standby "light" on the font edge of the machine, then this black spot is the Infrared sensor, so you can use the Apple remote.
  3. Zefengel thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jun 22, 2011
    Sorry, I mistook the word, I edited the post, though.
    Thanks for telling me, I had no idea it was the infrared sensor.

Share This Page