What is this piece from a Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rewbarb, Feb 23, 2009.

  1. rewbarb macrumors newbie

    Jan 31, 2009
  2. spinnerlys Guest


    Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
  3. plinden macrumors 68040


    Apr 8, 2004
    Yeah ... take a photo with a real camera with a flash, with a ruler beside it (not a camera phone). And take a close up so the object fills the whole photo, not just a bit in the middle.
  4. waremaster macrumors 6502

    Aug 27, 2006
    That piece looks like the clip that holds one of the thin ribbon cables in place. If I were you I would have a good look at all the flat ribbon cables and make sure they are securely attached. The picture of the ram slots does not appear to have anything in common with that piece you took a photo of.
  5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040


    Sep 28, 2008
    This was my first guess as well. Definitely open your MB back up, and look atop and on the front of the ribbon cable connectors. They could potentially disconnect from vibration and movements of the laptop without those "locks" in place.

Share This Page