Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Hi guys,
a friend of mine says that someone is calling them a name in polish but they have no idea what it means.

Because they don't know the correct Polish spelling, I can't get it to come up in a Polish -> English translator.

They tell me the word would be said something similar to:
hunchy

Any idea? Thanks for any help

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
LOL, that's funny, thanks

Too bad if it is a name of love and admiration and she comes back with "If I'm to meet someone like you in heaven, I'd rather go to hell"

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
I don't suppose you happen to know any Polish?

I really think this is a far call but could the person have heard someone say "chuj"???

I would have thought though, that "hunchy" would be spelt something a lot closer to "hu??i" but I don't know very much at all about Polish

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
madamimadam said:
I don't suppose you happen to know any Polish?

Nope, don't know a single word of it. Which is probably pretty pathetic considering my grandma was born in Poland....but she came to the US with her family when she was like 3 months old so she grew up learning English, speaks it perfectly and has no accent, so I never learned it.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
It was most probably "chuj ci w dupe" (pronounced roughly as hooy chie v doo-peh) which translates literally as... cock up your arse but is more of a general insult.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
dietcokevanilla said:
It was most probably "chuj ci w dupe" (pronounced roughly as hooy chie v doo-peh) which translates literally as... cock up your arse but is more of a general insult.

Advance thanks for this, I've passed it to my friend and await her response but it looks like the best option I can see.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
mpw said:
mmmmmmmmmmm, chuj ci w dupe!

it sound like enjoyed while saying this phrase.

BTW, this phrase is often used when you want someone to F**k Off

Did you ever hear this one "kurwa" , this usually the first Polish word most people learn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.