What is this software?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Moof1904, May 13, 2008.

1. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

There's a color selection utility out there that let's the user pick a color and then the software shows palettes of various colors that would complement the color selected. It's for use by designers who want to quickly and easily play with various color combinations. I think MacWorld featured this in the MacGems column in recent years.

This is driving me crazy. I remember reading about a utility that does this but I can't remember the name...

2. jiarizti macrumors newbie

jiarizti

That would be "Digital Color Meter" that comes in the utilities folder inside the Aplications folder and is a standard OSX aplication, you should already have it.

3. Baron58 macrumors 6502

^^^^ Correct, but an even more advanced app that does the same thing is Art Director's Toolkit. Apple used to bundle a version of it on some machines years ago. Check on VersionTracker for the latest.

4. Moof1904 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think it was Digital Color Meter

...though that's a cool app. The one I'm thinking of actually suggested pallets of colors that would complement the the color selected. From what I read, I think the user could toggle between various types color schemes, each producing a pallet that complemented the user's color.

I had art director's toolkit with my G5 but I don't recall it doing that. I'll check again.

No, I'm pretty sure it's not Art Director's Toolkit. This tool actually suggests complementary colors, not just provides conversions between different color models.

5. Moof1904 thread starter macrumors 65816

Found it.

I believe it was ColorSchemer Studio.

Thanks for the responses, Gang!