What is this status bar icon?

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Forgive me for being dense, but I can't find the answer to this anywhere. In all the results to my searches, websites go over seemingly every status bar icon but this one. Can someone tell me what it is? It is there nearly every time I wake up my phone. Could it be related to jailbreaking?

IMG_0391.PNG
It's the map marker icon next to bluetooth.

Thanks for helping. :)

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Forgive me for being dense, but I can't find the answer to this anywhere. In all the results to my searches, websites go over seemingly every status bar icon but this one. Can someone tell me what it is? It is there nearly every time I wake up my phone. Could it be related to jailbreaking?

View attachment 462672
It's the map marker icon next to bluetooth.

Thanks for helping. :)
changed location icon by jailbreak theme?

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
changed location icon by jailbreak theme?
Good guess, but I don't have winterboard or any themes installed. I still get the location services icon popping up (lately more than ever), so this is something different.

Appreciate the stab at it. Thank you.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Good guess, but I don't have winterboard or any themes installed. I still get the location services icon popping up (lately more than ever), so this is something different.

Appreciate the stab at it. Thank you.
He's actually correct. It IS a Jailbreak tweak/theme but doesn't use Winterboard. I had it installed a few days ago and uninstalled the tweak. I can't quite remember the name though. That icon is basically the replacement for the arrow (location services) icon.

Last edited:

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
He's actually correct. It IS a Jailbreak tweak/theme but doesn't use Winterboard. I had it installed a few days ago and uninstalled the tweak. I can't quite remember the name though. That icon is basically the replacement for the arrow (location services) icon.
Thanks. Please do report back if you think of the name. I do still get the regular location services icon, too. Is that consistent with your experience?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks so much. That was it. I'd installed it, but had conflicts with other apps and then uninstalled. Apparently, it left a couple files behind.
btw, don't install "Isrunning" (shows a R badge for apps that are running). I uninstalled it and it kept the badges everywhere. had to restore. :mad: