What is this thing?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Cigarman, May 15, 2010.

  1. Cigarman macrumors newbie

    Mar 9, 2009
    I just bought a used G5 and there are no manuals.

    Included are two t shaped plugs of some sort. One has a symbol for wireless the other for bluetooth.

    Can anyone tell me what these are for?

    thanks in advance.

  2. 666sheep macrumors 68040


    Dec 7, 2009
  3. California macrumors 68040


    Aug 21, 2004
    You have one of the several G5 towers that were built before the final version in late 2005, when Apple wired the inner casing of the tower with antennas for better airport/bluetooth reception. In other words, your case is not wired, and you are limited to bluetooth 1.0 and airport extreme vis a vis those little external plug in antennas. They do work and most people lose them, so that's good. If you have an airport card plugged in, you will have wireless immediately.

Share This Page