Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
It's not technically supposed to be there. It's light bleed. If its not interfering w any color tainting when viewing in normal use, I would keep it. There's a lot of pink, yellow and green iPads out there when you're not in a black room viewing at odd angle.

I would keep it.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
To be exact, it's a gap in the foam seal surrounding the LCD. it's not supposed to be there, but quite a few of the new iPads I've handled have it in varying degrees. It should not affect your viewing area ar normal angles. If your ipad is otherwise good, I would recommend not exchanging it for this reason alone.

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
Actually it's quite normal, common, and within spec according to my local genius bar. Mine also has that on an otherwise perfect display. I wouldn't have even noticed it had it not been a topic here earlier.

So I'm keeping mine too. Exchanging it could invite more trouble with bad units than it's worth.

nismo13

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2011
If I were you, I would return it. It will severely drop the resale value when you do decide to sell it.

ewo1992

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Southern, CA
Return it now! Jk if everything else is fine and it doesn't bother you and it can only be seen from a severely slanted angle keep it. Just realized mine and a very small thing like this too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.