Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

culb0743

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
I keep getting this "Choose Application/ Where is GrowlHelperApp?" window popping up intermittently. It started after playing around in Automator & Keyboard Maestro. How do I get rid of it?

Attachments

• screenshot_08.jpg
    screenshot_08.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 282

culb0743

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
Do you have Growl installed or installed a program lately that wants to use Growl?

Yes, I do have Growl Installed; I've installed several programs within the previous week. So, I should select the Growl Helper?

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
That window appears whenever an Applescript is loaded, and the System can't find an App which the script tells to do something: Tell blocks.
One of your Automator or Keyboard maestro scripts is trying to use "GrowlHelperApp"
If you don't have:
~/Library/PreferencePanes/Growl.prefPane/Contents/Resources/GrowlHelperApp.app
either install it and select it in the dialog window, or find and eliminate the Applescript that is calling it.

culb0743

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
That window appears whenever an Applescript is loaded, and the System can't find an App which the script tells to do something: Tell blocks.
One of your Automator or Keyboard maestro scripts is trying to use "GrowlHelperApp"
If you don't have:
~/Library/PreferencePanes/Growl.prefPane/Contents/Resources/GrowlHelperApp.app
either install it and select it in the dialog window, or find and eliminate the Applescript that is calling it.

Thanks!

I selected Growl from the list of applications and discovered an app called "Synkron" was asking for the path to GrowlHelperApp. I'm not sure what would cause this behavior. Synkron normally sits in the menu bar and backs up a handful of files on an hourly basis, which kind of explains the frequency of the at which the input box appeared. Seems to be resolved for the time being.Thanks again.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Thanks!

I selected Growl from the list of applications and discovered an app called "Synkron" was asking for the path to GrowlHelperApp. I'm not sure what would cause this behavior. Synkron normally sits in the menu bar and backs up a handful of files on an hourly basis, which kind of explains the frequency of the at which the input box appeared. Seems to be resolved for the time being.Thanks again.

Is it fine now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.