What is Time Machine?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A1SteakSauce, Aug 17, 2008.

1. A1SteakSauce macrumors member

A1SteakSauce

Can someone please explain what Time Machine is and what I need to use it. I've looked through guides and stuff for it but I still dont get it.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It makes a copy of every file on your computer, that way if your computer breaks, you lose a file, you want to go back to an older version of that file, or you get a new computer all of your files are on that disk and you can restore the files back from it.

3. Imacnewby macrumors newbie

I picked up the 500GB Time Capsule last night and am loving it. Cant seem to get my labtop to connect to the internet threw wirless but I can threw a wire. I am able to see the wirless network but it says my key is wrong when I type it in but im typing the correct one in. My itouch wont connect to it either

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's automated back up whenever the designated external drive is connected, it will back up; if you delete a file and wish to recover it, you can do so directly from the Time Machine external. Just restore what you need, and back up what you want.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/timemachine.html

Go make you own thread. ;)

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Then you set up the network wrong and are using the wrong key.

6. Imacnewby macrumors newbie

Im sure i set it up wrong hence it not working but the key im typing is right i reset and tryed over and over so key is fine just have to tinker with it some more or acually look in the manul